Poems

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hello everyone, I'm Isabella!

I love horses, and I go riding once a week on Friday. Currently I ride bareback, which means I ride horses without the saddle, but I used to ride English. English is a style of horseback ridding, let me give you an example! In English riding you do dressage, dressage is basically when you are giving the horse certain commands, that when followed through makes the horse look like it's dancing! Then there is jumping! Jumping is when, you jump over horizontal poles held up by vertical poles that keep them in place. Then there is flat work! Flat work is when, you are working on a basic walk, trot, or canter. In flat work there could be poles that are lying on the ground that you go over as well. There are many different ways of riding, and I hope you have the opportunity to ride someday!




1 comment: